Monday, July 28, 2008

What is your IQ level?

I read once that people who have differing IQ levels (I forget how many points difference)have a hard, or almost impossible, time of understanding each other or seeing eye to eye on things. There is no common ground because they look at things from completely different perspectives.
So, when I feel like slapping someone because of their utter stupidity, instead I remind myself - "...It's okay, I just have to realize that their IQ level is too far away from mine for them to comprehend the inanity of what they just said or did..." Hehe...
Okay, so maybe I just tell myself that so I can decompress before blowing up at them!!

So - we had a few prime examples of that thought over the weekend... Try this one on for size: 18yr old, G3P0, 31wks with twins, supposedly on full bedrest since 26 wks after having been hospitalized, tocolyzed and given steroids, cervix 4/80/-1. This delightful girl deciding she HAD to babysit for her older sister over the weekend, drove herself 2 1/2hrs out of town to her sister's house, spent a couple days doing who knows what and then showed up to our unit c/o contractions!! You don't think?!!!

She and her sister then had the nerve to shed alligator tears after requesting to let her drive herself back home, because we gave them the "fear of God" speech, i.e. "do you want to end up on the side of the highway delivering premature twins by yourself?!?!?! - YOU and THEY could DIE..."

After several hours of IV fluids, antibiotics for a nasty urine specimen, tocolytics and narcotics for pain - she settled down enough, with no cervical change, for the doc on call to discharge her to her sister's home on full bedrest again. We'll see how long that lasts...

Her parting request was "could I get something in writing that says I have to be on bedrest with no travel? My probation officer back home will wonder why I am not checking in"
.....Are you friggin serious???

1 comments:

Joanna

About that IQ stuff... I don't really understand what you're talking about...

Hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by premedrn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.